No products in the cart.
This simple creamy garlic chicken recipe is a comfort food for the ages! In about just 30 minutes, you can have chicken breast cooked to perfection in delicious creamy garlic sauce. Simply irresistible to garlic lovers and chicken lovers alike!
For such an easy dish, it is surprisingly fancy enough for social occasions and parties, or for a quick weekend meal for yourself and family.
How to make creamy garlic chicken
The first thing I do is cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. I personally prefer to cut the chicken breasts instead of pounding them or leaving them whole. I find that cutting them thinner helps the meat cook faster and evenly, while remaining so tender it melts in your mouth.
Next, coat the chicken pieces evenly with flour and pan-fry them in a butter and oil mixture until golden brown. Remove from oil once desired colour is achieved.
Then add in garlic cloves and sauté until lightly browned and then add in the ingredients for the sauce.
Put the chicken back into the pan for a few minutes to bring the dish together. The dish reaches perfection when the sauce has thickened around the meat. Easy and delicious!
A quick note on the recipe:
Yes, both garlic powder and an entire head of garlic is used in this recipe… it’s not a typo. I have found that garlic cloves when used on their own do not make the sauce garlicky enough for garlic lovers like me. I love my garlic sauce to have a depth of garlic flavour, so I pair it with garlic powder to get that ‘umph’ of flavour without being overpowering.
If you do not have much experience with whole garlic cloves, don’t worry. The intense spicy garlicky flavour you get from biting into raw garlic is mellowed when cooked in sauce. Trust me, it is delicious!
Perfect sides to serve with creamy garlic chicken
For a good carb side, try rice or mashed potatoes. If you prefer low-carb sides, salad, sweet corn, green beans or roasted veggies work well.
This simple creamy garlic chicken recipe is a comfort food for the ages!! Chicken breast cooked to perfection with an irresistible creamy garlic sauce.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Servings : 4
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Flour for coating
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 whole head garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley chopped (optional)
- Cut the chicken in half lengthwise so you have 4 long slices. Sprinkle and rub in some salt & pepper to taste, and coat them with flour.
- Add the olive oil and 1 tbsp of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan starts to smoke a little, sauté the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until it’s nice and golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and set them aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium (or med-low if using cast iron), and add the rest of the butter to the pan. Once melted, add the garlic cloves. Cook them